I haven’t done many blogs lately since I’ve been busy preparing for Kellogg. I thought I should give you guys a quick update on what’s been happening the last few weeks. There is just so much to do! But sometimes, like now, there’s a lull – I feel like I should be doing something productive, but instead I just laze around catching up on TV shows I love and spending time with family. 😀
These are a few things I’ve checked off my list:
- Financing my MBA (Apply for a loan & get personal finances in order)
- i20 application
- Visa Application
- Visa Interview: Had my interview on 27-Apr-2015 and got a mail that my visa has been issued on 29-Apr-2015. Yaaayyy! I plan to do a post on Applying for a US Visa for international students.
- Health Insurance & Health forms: Healthcare in the US is expensive. 😦
What I still have to do:
- Find an apartment: Since I’m moving to Evanston in the Summer quarter instead of fall, I’m having a hard time finding good deals. I’ll do a follow-up post on how to find housing just as soon as I sign a lease.
- Tutorials in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Basic Accounting Principles
- Complete 2 mandatory pre-enrollment online courses set by Kellogg: I haven’t done this so far because the courses are not up on the website yet!
- New technology: I’m thinking of buying a new phone/laptop but I might just do this once I get to Evanston.
It helps that Kellogg has a handy To Do list on the Welcome site for admitted students. I’ve just been checking things off one by one from that list.
But I’ve come across some incredibly helpful blogs online, these are some:
108 Tips for new MBA Students (by Matthew Kuo – UCLA Anderson)
A letter to an incoming MBA Student (by Rohan Rajiv – Kellogg Class of 2016)